Friday, September 16, 2011

Stairway to heaven


I was looking for places online to attend mass when I stumbled across this cathedral located right in the center of the University of Saint Louis campus.  I decided to hop in my car and take a drive down just to have a look.  The campus itself is right downtown and it was an adventure trying to find a parking spot.  The college kids with their iPod headphones in walking from building to building definitely made me nostalgic of my own college experience.  The church stood out in the midst of the academic buildings surrounding it  with its semi-Gothic points and steeples.  

I found a couple of college kids inside that directed me to where daily mass was held downstairs below the cathedral.  Downstairs was a brand new student center complete with chapel.  The place was really really nice.  There must be a strong catholic presence on campus to demand such a good student meeting place.  The inside of the cathedral was really beautiful.  The lighting effects from the stained glass windows were awesome.   





Here is a little video I took of the inside.  (I was trying to stay as quiet as I could) 

1 comment:

  1. SLU is a great university with a beautiful cathedral too, evidently. Big Marty

    ReplyDelete